[VHFcontesting] Early AM Es Activity - June 2nd 2007 - K7XC - DM09nm

T. M. k7xc at charter.net
Sat Jun 2 14:53:28 EDT 2007

Good Morning All!

I woke up around 0600 this morning (1400Z), staggered into the radio room to
turn things on. As the IC746 came to life on 50.125 MHz it immeadiately was
filled with double hop to 4 land. Over the next hour I worked 49 stations,
Mostly double hop starting along the south eastern seaboard and shifting
north into the FM03/FM16 area before finally moving into the EN20's and
30's. During that time I heard several KP4 stations as well before the band
fell flat around 1704Z.

At 1800Z the band began to pop back in with stations worked in DN84, DM79,
EN21, EN31 and just now (1849Z) in EN03.

Some of the hops on the DXers Chat 6M Dynamic Map look abit short so I am
tuning 144.200 as well!

This looks good for the contest next weekend!

73s from DM09nm de Tim - K7XC - DM09nm... sk

One who fears limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more
intelligently begin again." -Henry Ford