[VHFcontesting] K1DS/R & N1XKT/R June

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:46:19 EDT 2007

I am expecting to start the contest in the corner of FN10-11-21 at 2PM in
FN10 then move to FN11 and FN21 spending about 1hr at each site. There is
almost 1 hr drive between each site. I expect to be at FN20 Alamuchy by
7:30PM and FN30 Sea Bright at about 10PM. There is a chance that if it gets
too late, will do Sea Bright FN30 at 9AM Sunday, then head south to the 4
corner square of FM 18-19-28-29 near Ruthsberg MD on Sunday.
All gear appears to be working Bands ABCD9EFGHIJP with good power and
antennas. I will generally hang out on 2m near 144.150 and 432.080, and
check 144.260 and 223.5FM
My son, Leon, N1XKT/R will rove from his vehicle on Sunday, likely starting
in FM28 South Jersey, working his way up thru FM29 to FN30, FN20-21-11-10.
He has limited antenna (ATAS & mag mount whips) but will be active on
ABC(223.5only)D
I am also seeking your experiences for the QST write-up, as I will be
putting the article together over the summer. Please email your notes to me
and I will also review the Soapbox postings and pictures. GL es 73, Rick,
K1DS