[VHFcontesting] VE3HLS Micro-rover in the ARRL VHF QSO Party

Ken Alexander k.alexander at rogers.com
Fri Jun 8 22:41:12 EDT 2007

The VE3HLS Micro-rover will make its debut this
weekend in the contest.  It'll be a modest effort...my
participation was in doubt right up until this
afternoon and since then I've been scrambling to put
something together.

6m and 2m only this time out.  5w into a stressed
Moxon on 6, and 5w into a 4 element yagi on 2.  No
time to get 70 cm going with a proper antenna, but I
will try it with the whip on my car and see how that
goes.

It's my Father's 89th birthday tomorrow so my
participation will be intermittent because of family
committments that day.  I obviously wouldn't be able
to honour any skeds this time, so all I ask is that
you keep an ear open for me.

I'll troll through FN02, FN03, EN92 and EN93 as time
permits.  Look for me on SSB and CW.

73 and good luck to all!

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS/R