[VHFcontesting] Log submission volenteers

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 18:16:10 EDT 2007

Hello all,

For a few years it has been suggested to have a PNWVHF based contest like
the spints.
I have thrown out a couple of proposals over the last 3 years, the first
which I would admit was too complicated without the back up of computer
programming.

During this time I took alot of suggestions from people in and out of the
club including some involved with the mechanics of the contests we now
enjoy, european contests and some who write about VHF activities in the
journals.

Most of these people agree there is a need for more variety and more
activity.

Anyway I submitted a proposal to the BOD for a new contest and I was open to
feedback. Due to the nature of our society and the fact we only meet once a
year its hard just to throw something out on the floor and to some degree
this reflector is the defacto floor.  And that's not a complaint.
I never really got any feedback other than a general sense of failure and
this was a mixed response.

Anyway Jim posted the contest I suggested on the reflectors file archives on
google.  If some of you would like to mail me a copy of your log I will
covert it to this type of log for this contest. It wont be a true
representation of the posibilities but its a start.  You may mail it to my
address on QRZ.com.  I will not post anything dealing with QSOS until after
30 days as to not interfere with the arrl.

I will post a simular request on the contesting reflector.  The number of
logs recieved should show if there is local or national  interest. IE send
in a log as a test pegion.  I will have an idea of what it takes to do the
job, for which I volenteered to run the whole thing myself like the guy did
witht he sprints this year.  Well thats with the exeption of awards, that's
not my job.

With this info I will present back to the board if we want to make it our
baby or perhaps run across the floor in Bend.  Of course I could use
volenteers and I am open to items for changes in the future so please speak
up.

If there is an interest and the club doesnt want to be involved as a whole
then those involved might explore other options like forming a national
contest club and bringing about several other contests too with different
ideas.

I figure its truely a failure not to try, than try and then fail. Its only a
matter of pride versus spurring activity. I made a contest proposal the rest
is up to you guys in the comunity.

Frank/ k3uhf