[VHFcontesting] The "new and improved?" ARRL Log Robot

John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK k9jk73 at msn.com
Tue Jun 12 23:45:38 EDT 2007

John K9IJ <k9ij at vx5.com> wrote:

>At 08:10 PM 6/12/2007, Norm Alexander wrote:
>>NO. My FSK and 2.3 logs bounced.
>>Change your 903 to 902.
>
>And change 1.2 to 1.2G
>
>John - K9IJ
>
>>Norm kc6zwt.
>>----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob" <sparkygr at comcast.net>

I CAN confirm that "1.2G" worked for 1296 QSOs.

I can ALSO CONFIRM that the robot says "I do not recognize 'FM' as a valid
mode." EVEN THOUGH the Cabrillo QSO-template at
http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/qso-template.html definitely DOES include
"FM" among the four items that are listed.

For "FSK", I'd suggest trying "RY" but it's certainly possible that the
robot will say the same thing about "RY" as I experienced with "FM".

At least the report is a little bit more 'informative' but such a
'significant' change SHOULD have been 'tested' and debugged before releasing
it on the ARRL's (VHF) Contest "Customers". Was there an announcement
somewhere that the "robot" was changing? If there was, >>I<< definitely
missed it.

73, JK