ray at w9ray.org
Thu Mar 1 18:37:00 EST 2007
I really fail to see the problem...
portable or permanent.. almost like black and white.. or night...and day...
por·ta·ble (pôr'tə-bəl, pōr'-) adj.
1. capable of being transported or conveyed: a portable stage.
2. easily carried or conveyed by hand: a portable typewriter.
per·ma·nent (pur-muh-nuhnt) –adj
1. existing perpetually; everlasting, esp. without significant change.
2. intended to exist or function for a long, indefinite period without
regard to unforeseeable conditions: a permanent employee
3. long-lasting or nonfading:
but I also think of of the portable category as meaning carried by
hand...not fixed/mounted on a vehicle....
like the guys that carry their little 817 or 706 up the mountain with a
gel cell battery and stumpy antennas..
More information about the VHFcontesting