[VHFcontesting] The Rover Flaw

Dave Agsten w4txs at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 2 17:08:02 EST 2007

I'm not talking about running some modified APRS in Simplex. I'd like to see the rule makers take off the blinders and allow use of the APRS network as it currently exists. It's obvious that FM simplex isn't going to outdistance SSB or CW from a Rover. I guess I'm probably preaching to the choir here since it won't have any impact on the rule makers. It's a good thing the VHF/UHF contests are in the Summer because at this point in the Sunspot Cycle I'd be on the CW low end of 160 and 80  if it weren't for the high level of noise.

  Dave, N8AG