[VHFcontesting] TS2000X & 1.2 GHZ

MICHAEL SAPP wa3tts at verizon.net
Sun Mar 18 14:37:25 EST 2007

Hi Folks: Anyone out there have an idea what the front-end frequency response curve is like on the TS2000X on 23cm? I need to know how much attenuation it has on 1310 and 1330 MHz, as the nearby airport approach radar is showing +10dbm spikes with the 1296 looper pointed at the airport radar (1310/1330 MHz) as measured on a HP141T spectrum analyzer with the scan rate at .1 millisecond. I also get some large radar spikes in other antenna directions, depending on the random nature of nearby air traffic, so simply avoiding the airport antenna heading is not a solution if the front end BPF is not narrow enough to attenuate the 1310/1330 RF by 20db or better.

Mike WA3TTS (W3KWH)