[VHFcontesting] Southeastern VHF Society Conference Program

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 18 19:37:49 EST 2007

The program for the upcoming Southeastern VHF Society Conference has been
finalized and is listed below.  For further information on the conference
and registration information please go to www.svhfs.org.  Conference advance
registration is still open until March 31st.  Folks who register in advance
get a $5 discount and a chance at a $200 DEMI gift certificate.  One final
thing, as part of the conference we are once again having a hospitality
suite on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.  In the past we have been
able to get a room in the hotel for this event at little or no cost but this
year's hotel is charging us several hundred dollars for the room.  As a
result we are soliciting individuals, groups, clubs and commercial
organizations to sponsor the hospitality suite.  Any amount would be
appreciated.  If you are a club or other organization we will be glad to
prominently display your name in the hospitality suite if you provide us
with a sign or banner.  If you would like to be a sponsor or have any
questions just contact me W4KXY at w4kxy at bellsouth.net.  Thanks.

73
Jim, W4KXY

Eleventh Annual Southeastern VHF Society Conference Atlanta, GA Friday,
April 27, 2007

8:00 - 4:30	Registration
8:00 - 11:45 Antenna Gain and Noise Figure Measurement
11:45 - 1:00 Luncheon - ARRL Second Vice President Rick Roderick, K5UR
1:00 - 9:00	Vendor Product Displays
1:00 - 1:15	Welcome - SVHFS Conference Chairman Robin Cutshaw, AA4RC
1:15 - 1:45	Real Power on 2.3 GHz - Steve Kostro, N2CEI
1:45 - 2:15	Directly Synthesized 47 GHz Local Oscillator - Garry Hess,
K3SIW
2:15 - 2:45	Some Notes on Drilling and Tapping - Chuck Hoover, K0VXM
2:45 - 3:00	Break
3:00 - 3:45	Some Ideas for Tower Trailers - Bob Lear, W4ZST
3:45 - 4:30	Noise and Noise Figure/Time & Frequency Standards - Charles
Osborne, K4CSO
4:30 - 4:45	Break
4:45 - 5:30	SVHFS Business Meeting - SVHFS President Robin Cutshaw,
AA4RC
5:30 - 7:00	Dinner (on your own)
7:00 - 9:00	Flea Market
9:00 - 11:00 SVHFS Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Eleventh Annual Southeastern VHF Society Conference Atlanta, GA Saturday,
April 28, 2007

8:00 - 1:00	Registration
8:00 - 4:00	Vendor Product Displays
8:00 - 8:15	Welcome - SVHFS Conference Chairman Robin Cutshaw, AA4RC
8:15 - 8:45	VHF Digital Voice Transceiver - Moe Wheatley, AE4JY
8:45 - 9:30	A Software Defined Rover - Army Curtis, AE5P
9:30 - 10:00 A PVC Antenna Mount for Big Rovers - Marshall Williams,
K5QE
10:00 - 10:15 Break
10:15 - 11:00 Efficient Circular Polarized 13cm Feedhorns in Low f/D Prime
Focus Parabolic Reflectors - Tommy Henderson, WD5AGO 11:00 - 11:45 Deep
Space Reception - Paul Marsh, M0EYT
11:45 - 1:00 Lunch (on your own)
1:00 - 1:45	Commanding the AO-51 Satellite via UHF/VHF Links - Gould
Smith, WA4SXM
1:45 - 2:30	AMSAT and the Eagle Satellite - Rick Hambly, W2GPS
2:30 - 2:45	Break
2:45 - 3:15	Are You Wired for 220? - Ben Lowe, K4QF
3:15 - 3:45	Wire-Grid Polarizers: The Key to a Better Antenna - Philip
Gebhardt, VE3ACK
3:45 - 4:15	Low Cost Bi-Directional VHF/UHF Gain Antennas - Bill Fisher,
W4GRW and Ron Bailey, AA4S
4:15 - 4:30	Break
4:30 - 5:30	SVHFS Auction
6:00 - 7:00	Open Bar/Reception
7:00 - 10:00 Banquet - Editor, CQ VHF Magazine and VHF Editor, CQ Magazine
Joe Lynch, N6CL