[VHFcontesting] XV mods

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 07:52:51 EST 2007

I don't know if others have had the issues I've had with the XV
transverters, but I thought I'd report on my efforts this weekend ..

I run a stack of 4 XVs driving high-power TE amps in my rover.
Antennas are short yagis spaced relatively close to each other on one
mast. I've experienced failures of the PHEMT due to the large amount
of RF present on the unselected transverters, whose configuration
leaves the gate of the PHEMT connected to the antenna connector in
that state.

I suspect bandpass filters would probably eliminate the problem (I
have one on the 6M, but space is at a premium