[VHFcontesting] FS: Icom 706MKIIG

John Geiger n5ten at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 11:50:22 EST 2007

I have for sale an Icom 706MKIIG HF/VHF/UHF radio in
overall good condition, with a few rub marks on the
metal which the faceplate attaches to.  It is serial
number 05611.  It works fine on all bands and
modes-doing 100w watts on HF and 6m, 50 watts on 2m,
and 20 watts on 70cm.  It comes with the mic, manual,
power cord, and a box.  The only potential problem
with it is that the SO239 jack for HF/6m has the
insulator and center conductor pushed in a little
ways.  It still works ok, you just have to be careful
inserting a PL259.  Probably a fairly easy fix for it.

The rig works fine, though.  My first 2 QSOs with it
were Ireland and Hawaii on 75m.  Due to the mentioned
SO239 deal I am willing to let it for $570 plus
shipping.   I can take paypal, check or MO.

73s John AA5JG