[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint

Ken Kent KA2LIM at stny.rr.com
Thu Oct 4 00:16:06 EDT 2007

A pretty good time here in FN12. No big totals or score but a good time. I took a single 22 elm yagi and went up on the hill behind my house. Was running 40 watts out and useing my "arm-strong rotor" to turn the antenna. Farthest to the NE was K1WHS in FN43 and also worked K5MA in FN41. Farthest south was KN4SM in FM16 with a nice 539 signal. Toward the end of the sprint I worked W3ZZ in FM19 and he said, listen for W4SHG/R, he is a bit west of me. Turned the antenna about 5 degrees and "Bingo" worked W4SHG/R in FM08 on fone with a 5x5 signal. Had fun digging out those weak signals.
At the end, had 20 Q's in 14 Grids for a score of 280, not bad for four hours out in the middle of no-where with 1 antenna, 40 watts and a heard of deer.
Look for you in the 6 meter run on 20 Oct 07.

Ken
KA2LIM