[VHFcontesting] N1ESE FN42gx 50MHz Sprint

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 10:02:25 EDT 2007

How pathetic:

2 QSO's x 2 Grids for a total of 4 points.

BOTH of the stations I worked didn't even know there was a contest
going on.  Both had turned on their rigs and were surprised to see me
on the air.  Noise floor increased terribly as I went up in frequency.
 At 50.125 the noise floor was at S5 but was as high as S9 up at
50.290 so I wasn't able to try any digital stuff at 0100 as planned.

I suspect most of the locals here were either at MUD or watching the
Red Sox slaughter the Indians.    There seemed to be a lot of spot
activity going on in the Southern states however.

Next contest, especially if there will be low activity, I need a voice
keyer for calling CQ or a headset at the very least.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)