[VHFcontesting] 6M sprint

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 20:26:06 EDT 2007

Yes...activity seemed low.  My motivation was unexpectedly high.  Why?  Because I was competing against people in real-time.

When I logged into RFSport.com OnlineLogger (two hours into the sprint) and noticed that Q's and G's were low...I was motivated to pass as many folks as I could.  I stuck it out to do just that.  I kept telling myself "just another 15 minutes"...and I did that four times.  The result can be seen here:

http://tinyurl.com/32zkkz

fwiw...there is useful information to mine from that page.

PI=Performance Index.  The first byte is the number of operators.  The second two bytes are dBi+dBm (ERPim, if you will).  In general terms...the higher this number, the more "Performance" one should expect from the station.

Click on a hyperlink to see what each participant actually worked.

Thanks to the SVHFS for sponsoring the event!

Ev, W2EV

PS...if you participated using OnlineLogger...you must still submit your logs to SVHFS to satisfy their entry rules.