[VHFcontesting] Pure sine wave inverter

k4gun at comcast.net k4gun at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 15:19:54 EDT 2008

I found one.  Its a 600 watt AIMS with a peak of 1200.  I ordered it for $200 with free shipping.  It includes a USB port (not sure for what), dual fans, cords and all the rest.  I appreciate the input and I'll let y'all know how it works out.

BTW... I'm getting closer to having the new rover set-up complete.  I finished wiring the amps last night, including the PTT switches.  With the inverter now ordered, the only thing left is to wait for the transverter to arrive and test it all out.  Oh and I still need to get a switch for the PTT keying of the 144 and 432 amps.  I found a place on line that has a neat little box with a single "in" and switched dual "out" ports for mini-plugs (3.5mm).

Finally, somebody made a mention of keeping the aux battery charged.  That's a good point, and I should have mentioned that I generally keep the engine running most of the time.

Steve