[VHFcontesting] W8RU 222 Sprint

Ron Majewski bigsky2000 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 16 13:30:55 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I didn't get on until 9pm local time but made 9 QSOs
in 7 grid squares.  My longest QSOs were with VE3KU in
FN03 and W3SO in FN00.

The band seemed to be popping open for short periods
to my east.  I heard K3TUF, K1RZ, and K2ERG but
couldn't make the QSOs.  It was fun to try.

My 222 setup is an M2 5WL yagi at 64ft with 120w in
the shack.  I don't have a mast-mounted preamp.

I am planning to be on for the 440 sprint next week.

Thanks to K9JK and W4SHG for sponsoring these activity
nights!

73,

Ron (W8RU).
EN82fn