[VHFcontesting] W8RU 432 Spring Sprint

Ron Majewski bigsky2000 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 24 21:52:10 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I got to party a little late but found some decent
conditions towards the west.  I ended up with 13 QSOs
and 9 grid squares.  My best DX was with K2DRH in
EN41vr (346 miles) -- that was a very pleasant
surprise.

My 440 setup is an M2 9WL at 70ft, running about 60w
in the shack.  Line loss is a bit high and I need to
improve that.  I don't have a mast-mounted preamp.

I hope to be on 1296 during the microwave sprint.

Thanks to K9JK and W4SHG for sponsoring these activity
nights!

73,

Ron (W8RU).
EN82fn