[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r in UHF Contest

James Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net
Fri Aug 1 21:23:45 EDT 2008

I haven't heard much from potential participants in the UHF contest.
Here are my tentative plans, all on 432 MHz:

DM74 at 1800Z

DM75 at 1915Z

Then,  mobile on I-40 West bound, operating while in motion with stops
to pick up weak stations.

DM65 at 2030Z

Then down I-25:

DM64 at 2130Z

DM63 at 2300Z

DM62 at 0030Z

I will operate all of the above grids while in motion and will stop at
a couple of high spots in each grid to call.

DM61 at 0130Z I will try to operate from the Franklin Mountains there,
which should give me a good height above average terrain.

Sunday

DM72 at 1400Z from the Alamogordo Space Museum here, it looks like a
good high spot to operate from.

DM73 at 1530Z I will find a high spot to pull off the road and operate
here.

1630Z I will head for home operating as I go. I should be somewhere in
DM63 when the contest ends.

If there is construction, flat tires, low overhangs, or other delays,
this may all change. Please forgive.

I will have 2M SSB with me, so give a holler on 144.2 if you can't
find me on 432.1. The 2 M rig is 120 Watts to a three element Yagi
pointing forward.

I will have 50 Watts on 432 MHz to a 11 element Yagi while at rest and
a Symmetrical Double Rectangular Loop while in motion. The loop will
have a bidirecitonal pattern, but should be better than a halo in
nearly all directions, and roughly the equivalent of a 2 to 3 element
Yagi in the front and back directions. We will see how it works out.

Please listen for me. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey