[VHFcontesting] Newbie Question about the ARRL UHF Contest

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Sat Aug 2 09:48:22 EDT 2008

Yes; I don't know if it varies around the USA but in the Midwest we use
144.260 as a microwave coordination frequency. I'll probably have it along
during the UHF contest.  There are no rules disallowing use of other bands
not a part of the contest to arrange QSO's on microwave bands.  You just
can't count them as contest QSO's.

We hadn't agreed on a frequency on 432 for coordination of microwave QSO's
around here. 432 is my best band but I have to hope others point their
beams at me.

73, Zack W9SZ