[VHFcontesting] 902.010 for contests?

James French w8iss at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 7 18:29:20 EDT 2008

Since I have opened this can of worms... :) I should ask this then.

Do we want to be this close to the band edge with the use of trans-
verters?

What about drift and other things? Some that I know use the MFJ 2m
SSB/CW transceiver as the IF for their transverters and they do drift
a LOT even after being warmed up.

I am VERY leary of operating that close to the band edge since I am
still a greenhorn to my HF frequencies and don't have the equipment to
test things out all the time unless you count my rat shack frequency
counter.

James W8ISS