[VHFcontesting] Time Taken to earn VUCC

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Fri Aug 8 16:15:04 EDT 2008

I'm doing some research for an upcoming presentation. I'm trying to determine an average amount of time taken to earn VUCC for most of the low
bands:

6 Meters
2 Meters
222mhz
432mhz

While any data is great, I'm mostly interested in hearing from folks who actively pursued VUCC as a goal, more so than those who achieved it in casual operating. So far, I've been able to gather information from only eight operators. It looks like 6 Meters comes pretty easily. Most report earning it within the first six months to a year. 2 Meters is the hardest, with the average time being 3 to 5 years, while 432 and 222 are somewhat easier, at 1-2 years.

What is your experience like? I'm also interested in hearing what some of the hurdles where, and how you overcame them. Thanks!

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf

Les Rayburn, director