[VHFcontesting] new rover

k4gun at comcast.net k4gun at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 11:15:11 EDT 2008

I lowered it when in the mountains, but the problem really cropped up on main roads.  Its amazing that here on the East coast, there are so many trees that are on the sides of the road.  I never noticed them until this contest.

Steve

From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf at hotmail.com>
this time I tapped a 1/4 20 screw in the tube of the DE that holds the reflector. I uses a large screw head.  It should keep it from falling apart.  I also keep it snug, not hard tight.  So when it hit a tree last friday it just turned 60 degrees.

That being said, I'd take it down going up a forrest service road or BLM road on the west side of the cascades.  On the east side there is no trees.