[VHFcontesting] September VHF contest results in QST before on Web

James Duffey JamesDuffey at comcast.net
Wed Feb 13 23:03:04 EST 2008

The March QST arrived yesterday with the September VHF contest
results. The entire contest results, including the individual line
scores, are not up on the web yet. One of the rationales for
disposing of listing individual line scores in QST was that it could
be done in a more timely fashion on the web, that is results listed
on the Web would lead the QST cover date results by a month or more.
This did not happen in this case. Has the ARRL abandoned the priority
of getting individual line scores out before they appear in QST? This
is a bit disturbing, particularly for those of us who do not appear
in the QST write up, but would like to know how we did relative to
the entire competition. This is probably the majority of contesters.
Is getting contest results on the web before they appear in QST still
a priority in Newington? Those of us who do not finish in the top
tier, but who would like to know how we did overall, do not like to
be kept in suspense. - Duffey

--
James Duffey KK6MC/r