[VHFcontesting] September VHF contest results in QST before on Web

Ed Parish K1EP k1ep at mgef.org
Thu Feb 14 05:22:51 EST 2008

At 2/14/2008 01:21 AM, Paul Kiesel wrote:
>Dear James,
>
>I'd advise being calm. As you may (or may not) know,
>there has been a changing of the guard (probably for
>the better) at the League Contest Manager's desk. I
>think everything is going to work out for those who
>are patient.

That is correct, KX9X is now head of the contest branch.  I can't
speak for him, but he did speak to our club this weekend.  One of the
questions that was asked was exactly this question.  Why can't the
line results be published on the web sooner than in QST?  I don't
recall his exact words, however, the "philosophy" is that they don't
want the results on the web to be out significantly before the
printed magazine.  The detail is when.  A few days before?  A few
days after?  That wasn't clear.  But I think it was conveyed that the
results won't be immediately out when they available, they have to
follow to some degree, the publishing schedule of QST.  So don't
expect them to be out far in advance of QST, but I would expect them
to be out at this time.