[VHFcontesting] K8GP plans for Jan. VHF SS 2008

K8GP Grid Pirates Contest Group k8gp2008 at k8gp.net
Fri Jan 11 18:15:07 EST 2008

Hi VHF/UHF and microwave folks!

  Barring any unforeseen winter weather events, the Grid Pirates Contest
Group and Delmarva VHF and Microwave Society will be activating the K8GP
club call sign from the Eastern Shore of Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay this
upcoming ARRL January VHF SS contest.  We will be operating from grid square
FM18vr employing frequencies from 50 MHz through 10 GHz. We will be active
using SSB, CW, FM and WSJT.  We would entertain making schedules or hope
that we would run across you during the contest period 1900 UTC Jan 19 -
0400 UTC Jan 21.  Please fire up your radios and listen for us!

  Our last attempt at a January VHF contest was back in 2002 from grid
FM18gp.  Check out our pictures from that event at:
http://www.k8gp.net/wp/v/contests/200201-JanSS/

  For more info about our station, schedule or location, email us or check
out our web site.

73

K8GP

http://www.k8gp.net/