[VHFcontesting] C3i/Ariane C5-50 info needed

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Jan 13 12:03:30 EST 2008

I have a 5 element 6 meter beam bought several years ago from C3I that
was damaged last summer.  I bought replacement elements from Ariane
Arrays, and they provided a new assembly sheet showing some differences
in element spacing.

I finally got around to fixing the antenna this weekend, and the tuning
is significantly off.  It's showing a best SWR of about 1.4 and the dip
is at about 48.7 MHz.  Moving the tee-match sliders by up to 2 inches
didn't really make much difference.

Does anyone here have the instructions for the "late model" 5 element
antenna sold by Ariane, and if so, could they provide me with any
instuctions on setting the matching?

Thanks and 73,

John