[VHFcontesting] N2MH/R January Contest Plans

Mark Herson, N2MH n2mh at n2mh.net
Wed Jan 16 18:11:29 EST 2008

Hello Everyone,

The N2MH Rover will once again take to the roads for the next running
of the ARRL January VHF Contest. Weather permitting, here is our
planned route. Each stop will be for a period of several hours. We will
make contacts in motion for grids shown as Passing through.

Saturday

FN51av - Marconi Site (Cape Cod) - start contest here (MA)
FN41 - Passing through
FN31rf - Hammonassett Beach (CT)
FN31kd - near Bridgeport (if FN31rf is not available) (CT)
FN30 - Passing through
FN20 - Passing through

Sunday

FN20vt - Eagle Rock Reservation (in morning) (NJ)
FN21qh - High Point State Park (NJ)
FN30ah - Monmouth Beach (NJ)
FM29xw - Seaside Heights (NJ)

Bands: 50, 144, 222, 432, 1296

APRS: We will be known as N2MH-2 with a "Puppy" symbol. (Sorry Ev, -15
is our digi at home (as well as many digi's in the NorthEast). So, we
will use what the license plate on the car shows: N2MH-2.) We will
leave the APRS on for a few minutes when we get to an operating
position. After that, it will be off until we are in motion again. Best
place to see us is at www.aprs.fi:

http://aprs.fi/?call=N2MH-2&mt=m&z=11&timerange=21600

(Log in with your callsign.) This will show the last 6 hours of our
travels and automatically update.

Monitor Freq: Since we will use APRS, our monitor freq will be 50.232.
>From past experience many years ago, APRS will make listening on 2
meters impossible.

Hope to work everyone and GL in the contest.

73, Mark, N2MH and Karen