[VHFcontesting] bands are dead !!!!

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Sun Jan 20 12:50:02 EST 2008

I didn't get much operating time yesterday due to other things going on.
The bands were pretty dead with only one station worked (on 144, 222 and
432). I just had to go out and see a couple bands play in local clubs last
night and got home near midnight.  The temperature was -1 F then so
I imagine overnight it got a bit colder than that.

Today I've heard a few stations but apparently most have had their beams
pointed my way. Nowhere near what I usually hear in a VHF contest, though.

Oh well ... I'm looking forward to the warmer weather contests.

73, Zack W9SZ