[VHFcontesting] bands are dead !!!!

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Mon Jan 21 08:32:06 EST 2008

I usually see the most activity during the last few hours of the contest
when a few ops get on after dinner on Sunday to give out a few QSO's,
even though not particularly into the contest.

It was pretty dead this time.  I heard a couple stations but they didn't
have their beams pointed my way and I wasn't running a lot of power. I
think the Packers game took a lot of the activity in this area away.

Murphy hit me big time in this one, anyway.  My last QSO was at about
2330Z on the 20th.  I pulled the plug at 0230Z and listened to the rest of
Little Steven's Underground Garage radio show (which is what I usually do
on Sunday evenings when I'm not contesting).
:-)

73, Zack W9SZ