[VHFcontesting] VHF sked alternative

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Fri Jan 25 17:00:00 EST 2008

I ALMOST made one once.  I heard W9ZIH calling CQ on 10 GHz and called
him.  He answered someone else and then disappeared.

I found out later that he was just running a CQ message on his keyer while
the other station tuned for him.  He wasn't even pointed my way but got
some sort of scatter off something.  He said if he knew I'd be calling
he'd have listened for me, too. However, I guessed that I was probably at
least 120 miles farther away than he was from whatever he was scattering
off.

73, Zack W9SZ