[VHFcontesting] rules

Marshall Williams k5qe at sabinenet.com
Tue Jan 29 01:02:36 EST 2008

Hi George....I just spent two hours writing to another guy that was
offended by my comments.  I guess that I was too tart in my tone.
However, on these reflectors, I can't afford the time to write two pages
of reply to every topic.  It has to be short....no one would read two
pages anyway.  You cut off the comments of the poster that I was
agreeing with, so the context is lost.

It is clear, that I messed up that one sentence.  I was too
hasty.....what I should have said is "if we could just get the HF ways
of doing things out of the world of VHF.....".  Maybe even that is too
harsh....I have never been a great wordsmith.  It is not the HF operator
that I want out of VHF.  I welcome all to the wonderful world of VHF /
UHF operations.

 However, I believe that most of the rules / restrictions in the VHF
contests have an HF heritage.  To those of us who think that "You can
either work them or you can't", none of these restrictions make any
sense.  Therefore, we believe that they should be removed.  As everyone
can see, there are a number of other VHFers that feel the same way.
There have been many posts here and on other reflectors that mirror the
same sentiments.  You seem to like the old rules.....that's OK.....you
can lobby for retaining the old ways.....I will lobby for what I, and
many others, think is a better, less restrictive set of rules.  I want
VHF contesting to be INCLUSIVE rather than EXCLUSIVE.

If you feel as I do, write the VUAC and let your views be known.  If you
like the old rules, go watch a football game!!!  73's to all ....
Marshall K5QE