[VHFcontesting] Icom 7000 vs other HF/VHF/UHF rigs

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Jan 30 22:46:18 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 8:46 AM, k4gun at comcast.net wrote:

> I love mine.  The voice keyer is really nice for roving.  Its fairly
> easy to use once you get used to it.  It does take some time to get
> everything figured out, but once you do, its no problem.
>
> I wont go into the DSP because you already seem to know, but I will
> just say the noise blanker alone is worth the cost.  Other than
> that, the display is pleasing to the eye and easy to see.  The auto
> and manual notch filters work very well.  I also get outstanding
> audio reports from other stations.  A common comment from some guys
> with high end audio is "Whatever settings you have are right.  Don't
> change a thing!"
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Steve
> K4GUN

Anyone driving transverters with one?  How is the connectivity?
Different pins for keying different bands (for pre-amps, etc.)?

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate at natetech.com

p.s. I'm not on all those other lists, so if they have moderators they
can choose to post this, otherwise the reply will go in the bit-
bucket, which is fine with me... too many lists already here...