[VHFcontesting] DEMI VHFLNA 2M preamp puzzle

Chet, N8RA chetsubaccount at snet.net
Fri Jul 4 14:09:17 EDT 2008

I thought this preamp was working OK for a few months, but it is not now.

When it is out of its die-cast box, it seems to hear and tune up just fine.
But when I put it back into its box, it still outputs a higher level of
background noise, but the input signals are not amplified.
If I just crack the lid a bit, it again hears OK, but when completely shut
it does not.

Input detuning? But there is not way to tune it when it is in the box.

Any ideas??

Chet, N8RA