[VHFcontesting] To Rovers headed out

Phil Theis phil at k3tuf.com
Mon Jul 7 06:41:34 EDT 2008

To all operators heading to Rare (or Semi-Rare) Grids:
I am a single operator that is very interested in working any rover
going out to a Rare (or even not so rare) Grid.
Please publish your operating frequency and approximate time that you
will be in a grid.  That gives us some basis to go looking for you.
Now I know that it is not possible to know exactly when you will be at a
particular location given location.  But I can tell you that many rovers
here in the Northeast publish their itinerary beforehand and it makes
for very east contacts with them.
To the extent that you can stick to a schedule on a specific frequency
and have a reputation for keeping the schedule, you can be a very
popular rover.
Every rover who publishes a schedule I put into a schedule module and it
reminds me a minute before the announced time and I go to the stated
frequency and look for the rover.  If I don't have a time and frequency,
I don't know when to look or where to look and things get very random.
This is from my perspective, and believe me, I LOVE the rovers and don't
know what we would do without them.
Thanks for roving:
73,
Phil K3TUF FN10we