[VHFcontesting] Looking for input on multiband VHF/UHF all mode rigs

Roger N0VR n0vr at comcast.net
Wed Jul 16 00:35:11 EDT 2008

My personal choice if space is at a premium is a Kenwood TS2000 (or TS2000X
if you also want 1296). I've had my TS2000 for about 6 years now and love
it. It gives you all bands and bells and whistles in one medium sized
package. The addition of preamps for 2m & above is helpful but not essential
for this rig. Watch for a good used one and it may fit in the budget.