[VHFcontesting] Desperately Seeking 222!

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Sun Jul 27 10:25:14 EDT 2008

I have never had any troubles with DEM, even going back to when Bill owned
it and it was really "Down East" (Maine). Steve has always been more than
helpful to me; he isn't just a manufacturer, he's willing to share his
knowledge. He's always given me the best service he can.

Microwave equipment is a very small niche in the market of ham gear. There
really aren't too many of us active.  I can guess at a couple dozen in
Illinois. However, I think numbers and interest is increasing. During
this extended sunspot minimum we're having, a lot of contesters are
looking at the higher bands.

I prefer to "roll my own" from scratch and maybe by the Sept. 10
GHz contest I'll have something that puts out a handful of microwatts on
47 GHz. 78 GHz might take a little longer. Maybe not; the mixer boards are
virtually the same.

73, Zack W9SZ