[VHFcontesting] Controversy

k4gun at comcast.net k4gun at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 12:10:27 EDT 2008

If you believe that is the logic, then you haven't been listening.

Use of APRS data is not allowed for non-assisted stations.  Why?
Self spotting is not allowed.  Why?
Use of repeaters is not allowed.  Why?
Captive rovers are not allowed.  Why?

They are not allowed because they have nothing to do with amateur practices.  They confer unfair advantages based on things outside of radio.  The ability to coordinate the movement of trucks so they can stay within eyesight in order to maximize scores is not a radio related skill.

Does that make sense?

Steve

From: "Jim Forsyth" <mail at jimforsyth.com>