[VHFcontesting] joe's rover

Joe Serocki joeserocki at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 02:25:31 EDT 2008

I was thinking of the batteries, not sure yet. That power supply does well
and the generator on the trailer is pretty unobtrusive. The rigs are not
picky but work better on 14 vs 12 volts for sure!

The transverters each put out 10 watts on 23 and 33 cm. I am not sure I will
need more and the one amp brings it to a whopping 30 watts, so that's
probably not even worth the hassle!

The poles are great. Chain heads to the front, and they are attached via a
custom mount to the car about 5 feet up as well. At 70MPH they didn't move
much. No cross guying, at any speed they fall toward the back and the chain
naturally makes them hang back straight. Cool trick!

I am liking the 5k generator, it will run the shack and an A/C or heaters as
well! I would not mind using the 12v off the vehicle, but the equipment
provides so much better at 14-15v!

Now to find a route for September!