[VHFcontesting] Rover threads

frank bechdoldt k3uhf at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 12:40:37 EDT 2008

Please change the charter to exclude rovers or hit delete on a rover topic you don't like.
The discussion comes form the opperational practices and they are discussed here.

I was trying to gracefully let it die for now, but this should not be squelched.
If you treuel want it to die, help find or encourage  a comprimise that will be followed.
Some thought that was achived last year.......
Much of it came from this reflector. Its better than arguning and calling each other names on the calling frequency. Yes this has happened from these threads on e-skip.
If you don't like the charter, change it, ignore it or move on.
Do not exclude rovers from the entire group.

k3uhf

The reflector charter:

The VHF Contesting Reflector is designed to be a place to discuss all aspects of contesting on frequencies of 50 MHz and above. We hope to generate discussions of any and all topics that affect VHF contesting. These might include technical discussions, station design, operating techniques, contest rules, propagation, sources for VHF+ resources and new technologies to name a few. There is also no limitation on how complex these issues may become; they may range from simple informational queries to highly technical discussions of almost any subject related to VHF contesting. While there are excellent general purpose VHF reflectors like Stanford and Blacksheep, many active and interesting VHF club reflectors and VHF reflectors that specialize in some restricted aspect of the VHF world like 6 meters, this is the first list that specializes in VHF contesting. We would particularly like to attract two groups of real or potential VHF contesters. Those VHFers who would not choose to join the CQ-Contest Reflector because of its emphasis on HF contesting and those HF contesters who would like to explore VHF contesting. There are no geographical restrictions. All are welcome whether you are in North America, Europe, Japan or elsewhere. Many of us have never met in person and may know each other only by reputation. The hope is that we will all get to know each other better through the medium of this reflector, enrich our knowledge of VHF contesting and have fun in the process.