[VHFcontesting] 900mhz Commercial Conversions

James French w8iss at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 31 19:57:00 EDT 2008

There are Three Motorolas that can be used for 900 Amatuer:
1) Spectras
2) Maxtracs
3) Gtxs

The easiest one is the GTXs as all you have to do is do a little bit
banging to the RSS software to program them. There are Hts and mobile
versions of the GTX. Beware that one of the GTX mobiles can do 30 watts
output if you get the right version.

The next easiest is the Spectras. Have to do a little internal resisiter
mod to them, otherwise they work.

The Maxtracs are the hardest ones to mod as I see it. Have to change the
Toko filters for the correct ones.

One other thing is do you have a programmer interface board and the
proper RSS software for these radios? one thing to take into
consideration.

There are two Yahoo 900 groups that would help you out if you ask. They
are named AR902 and 900mhz respectivley.

James W8ISS

PS- I might be willing to part with one of my Motorolas as I have so
many just sitting here for the past few years. Give me a PRIVATE email
and we'll discuss it.
=====