[VHFcontesting] I'm crazy, right?

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Fri Jun 6 09:02:02 EDT 2008

Since I have gotten into microwaves and now millimeter waves, I have told
people occasionally that I am one of a small handful of people in the
entire Midwest experimenting with millimeter waves, which aren't even used
to any great extent commercially except perhaps by the medical field or
military. I guess you could consider it "avant-garde." I also explain that
we're trying to push distance records beyond what a commercial use of
these frequencies would tolerate because we don't need 100% connection all
the time.

The only trouble is that I have to build two of everything so I can loan
one out and test the gear.

Anyone know where I can get a CHEAP 78 GHz amp?
:-)

73, Zack W9SZ