[VHFcontesting] KR1ST/R Rover Schedule (SC, FM03, EM93, FM02, EM92)

Alex kr1st at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 11 07:51:24 EDT 2008

KR1ST/R Rover Schedule – Saturday 6/14 through Sunday 6/15

Saturday (EST):
2pm – 5pm	FM03ae (Old Santee Canal State Park)
7pm – 10pm	EM93va (Parking Garage Summerville)

Sunday (EST):
7am – 10am	FM02as (St. Phillips Street Parking Garage downtown Charleston)
12pm – 3pm	EM92vw (Old Dorchester State Park))

We will have 6 meters with 100w into a dipole, 2 meters with 100W into a 4 element yagi and 70cm with 50W into an 8 element yagi available. The antennas will be mounted on a 16ft telescoping mast and we’ll be running off a hybrid marine deep cycle  battery with a 600W pure sine wave inverter.

Skeds are available and we’ll use 50.182, 144.182 and 432.182 MHz for these skeds. The CQ frequencies will be close to the calling frequencies because of the lack of activity in our area. We will CQ on or near 50.135 and 144.210 MHz. We will be monitoring 146.550 MHz FM while in motion and at each destination. If we can get put an APRS tracker together in time, then you will be able to  track us via APRS (KR1ST-4). APRS data will only be transmitted while in motion.

We hope to hear from you and good luck in the contest!

73,
--Alex, KR1ST, and Frank, KG4IGC