[VHFcontesting] kc0iyt/r schedule

Glen Overby goverby at charter.net
Fri Jun 13 23:08:35 EDT 2008

Despite the temptation to grab 6m & 2m, go to a remote grid and bet on 6m Es,
I'm going to load up all ten bands and hit the roads for the contest.  I'm
hoping to pick up 2 more grids towards CSVHFS VUCC-r.  My first June plan got
washed out, literally -- road reports early this week said that roads I was
planning to take were under water.  The waters have receeded, but I think
it's best to stay out of that area.  Plan #2 is to go to the grid corner near
Algona, IA.  Radio Mobile doesn't give me any reasons to believe I can't make
it back to the twin cities from that corner.

I'll start in EN32 & EN22 from Iowa, then nead north to Beauford, MN for EN23
& EN33.  This is closer to the twin cities, so I have a better chance of of
making QSOs.  If 6m opens and everyone abandons the "high bands", I'm likely
to stay at the Algona corner all day and circle around the 4 grids.

Sunday I'll go to the north side of Minneapolis to put 902-and-up on the air
from EN35, then it's west to the Winsted grid corner for EN24 & EN25.

The weather forcast has a chance of rain in it, but the temperatures are
forecast to be 90 to 100 degrees warmer than they were for my rove in January!

I'll use 144.235 as my home frequency, 50.170 on the 2nd rig (if I don't get
crowded out during an opening) and qsy to 222.135, 432.135 and near .100 on
902 and above.

			(local time (CDT))
Where		Grid	Start	End
Home		EN34js		0900
Corwith, IA	EN32aw	1300	1430
Corwith, IA 	EN22xw	1530	1700
Beauford, MN	EN23xw	2000	2100
Beauford, MN	EN33aw	2100	2200

Mini-apolis, MN	EN35ja	1100	1230
Howard Lake, MN	EN25wb	1430	1600
Lester PrarieMN	EN24xu	1700	1830
South Metro	EN34	2000	2200

Saturday's route: http://tinyurl.com/5ayvdo
Sunday's route: http://tinyurl.com/3efgr9

My mobile antenna farm:
	6m	100W + dipole (up at 20' when stopped)
	144	175W + 7el/11.5dBi yagi
	222	 25W + 5el/15.6dBi yagi
	432	 35W + 15el/15.7dBi K1FO yagi
	902	 20W + 18el/16.5dBi loop yagi