[VHFcontesting] DEM 23lna repair

Larry n1miw at cox.net
Mon Jun 16 22:50:00 EDT 2008

     Well guys, I finally made my first 1.2G contact during the contest this
weekend!!! It was in the same grid (FN41), but it didn't come without
casualty. I inadvertently sent 10 watts into the preamp & fried something -
probably the transistor (or JFET, or whatever it is). Will DEM just sell me
the part if I ask them, or are they not doing service work any longer on
these units? Does anyone know who will supply any of these SMT transistors?
The only number on it is "101". All I want is to get this thing working so I
don't have to struggle to hear next time! Thanks & looking for more
contacts!   ...Larry FN41eq