[VHFcontesting] VHF contesting ethics questions

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 09:58:56 EDT 2008

I personally separate myself from all of those things once the contest period begins and remain so until it has ended. I decided it was better error on the side of caution regarding any interpretation of them being considered "assistance". And for what it's worth I believe that can get a much better sense of what the activity is like by just working the bands with my equipment.

In my mind the key thing to maintain during a contest is a "sterile" station environment where *all* the information about who there is to work is derived from my *own equipment* on the bands and modes of the competition, and to not use any parallel paths of information about contest activity. I do not put anty artificial restrictions on the make up of the technology that is wholly contained within the confines of my station per the contest rules definition of the "station location".

Duane
N9DG