[VHFcontesting] VHF contesting ethics questions

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 15:59:54 EDT 2008

They are *completely* different.

1. One will *only* work if the Internet (or some other community/3rd party network) is present (i.e. spotting networks).

2. The other will work completely fine without the Internet, without 2M FM, without telephone lines, or any "outside of the station" networking whatsoever (CWSkimmer).

And number 2 (CWSkimmer) is the same way that stations to work were discovered 70 years ago (i.e. just an operator and his/her *own* equipment exclusively extracting information about stations to work by "listening" to the band of interest).

Duane
N9DG