[VHFcontesting] getting rid of 6 meters

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Jun 18 17:00:12 EDT 2008

When I'm sitting on a hilltop with 10 or more bands, I love to work
people up the bands.  But it can be a trade-off for a big-gun station who
is running on 6m. Does he quit to work me up the bands for probably more
points than he's going to get by staying on 6m for the same amount of
time, but possibly losing his run frequency which could net him more
points in the long run?

It's a tricky situation.  I usually just ask him to meet me on 2m after 6
dies so we can work up the bands later. And if 6 dies a few minutes later,
I am probably going to find him on the other bands pretty easily.

Being in the hands of fickle propagation has always been one of the fun
adventures of VHF!

73, Zack W9SZ