[VHFcontesting] Portable in rare grid squares

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 17:04:06 EDT 2008

Suppose I wanted to do a grid expedition to the nearest "relatively
rare" grid square to my home QTH for a VHF contest.  What would be a
good way of figuring out what grid squares are rare other than to pick
one that I've never worked myself?

Wouldn't it be cool if LOTW will allow you to create a database of
active grid squares that have had QSOs uploaded to LOTW.  That would
help.  Any other efforts out there to create a database like this?