[VHFcontesting] VHF/UHF Weak Signal Resources

Kelly Johnson n6kj.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 17:10:01 EDT 2008

All this talk today about 6m dominance in the June VHF contest has me
thinking about something.

I've wanted to put up 2m, 432, and 1296 yagis for several years, but
it's been hard to motivate myself to do it.  Instead, I spend my time
in the summer on 6m chasing grid squares.  My concern about the higher
bands is lack of activity.  I've never found much activity up there
outside of the contests (at least on my vertical).  How would a newbie
get started in weak signal work above 6m?  How would I connect with
others in my area that do the same?  I don't know anybody that does
this.