[VHFcontesting] 6 meter's

Neil neil.goodell at verizon.net
Wed Jun 18 20:06:50 EDT 2008

It gets better all the time. Gosh, now the talk on the VHF contesting list is about eliminating one of the three actual VHF bands from a contest that is called what???? ARRL June or Sept VHF QSO Party - per the ARRL website. Operative word "VHF". If it were truly a VHF event then we'd be using 6, 2 and 222. After that it's UHF and above. Not everyone has the luxury of time, money or location to keep "adding" another band. Also, supporting a huge number of bands is difficult for some to justify when considering the limited number of operating events for them.

73,
Dave N8AG

I couldn't have said it any better myself Dave, Thank you.
The ARRL-VHF contest is fast becoming one of my least favorite,and the July CQ vhf test my favorite,as there is a lot less catering to "special" groups and a better, more level playing field....6 & 2 all the way I say!!!

73 Neil
AE1P...only Rover in the CQ test now!!!